Corsair Community

Compatibility with Asus M2N SLI Deluxe

PeterMac

I have Asus M2N SLI Deluxe, and I want to buy new memory Corsair Twin2X DDR2 2x 1GB 800MHz CL4-4-4-12, Is this memory will work corect with my motherboard at 800MHz in Dual Channel ?, I heard my motherbard give only 1.95V max ? is that true, in specyfication of this memory is 2.1V

Thanks

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the same motherboard (ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe) using the latest bios (v. 1102) and using the same Ram (Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800Mhz PC26400 - 2x1GB).

But heres MY problem:

It will not even post using the corsair RAM. In fact, it seems that any double sided ram I put in wont work. I have some singled sided Kingston that works just fine.

With the kingston in I upped the voltage to 2.1, then swapped the Corsair back in and same problem. wont even post. I tried this out with some G-Skill DDR2 also with the same problem.

Any ideas whats going on here? I do get a system beep error (beeeeeeppp--- beep beep. repeated)

So I thought it was the mobo, so I got a ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless edition.... EXACT same problem. Runs fine with the single sided sticks, but wont post with the Corsair or the G-Skill!

Rawr!

:) Help would be appreciated!

• Corsair Employees
If you have the latest BIOS and you have this problem and you have tried to move the memory to the other slots I would suggest testing the CPU in another system. But it might suggest the memory controller in the CPU has some strange problem.

• Corsair Employees
I would see if you can get AMD to replace it for you. or test the modules in another system to be sure. In addition, the stand offs in your case are the all the Brass screw in type or are any of them stamped or the square snap in type?

Archived