Corsair Community

RMA Request

mamma-o

I have purchase twinX2048RE memory to go into a tyan motherboard and Neither stick will power system. We have tried three different Tyan boards, video cards, processors and finally swapped out memory and the new Corsair memory (same model) got the system up and working. How do I go aobut getting an RMA for these two sticks of memory.

Thanks

it is a TYAN S2895UA2NRF Dual Socket 940. We are building two servers with the memory, 2 - Opteron 270 processor each, the TYAN S2895UA2NRF Dual Socket 940 motherobard, and Antec NeoPower NeoHE 550 power supply. The first two boards we had would 1- not power up at all, and the second would power for 3 seconds and shut down completely, the onboard nic would constantly flash also. We assumed the boards were bad since we tried all combinations of processors and memory (single and dual) and even swapped out the power supplues. So I got and RMA for the boards, recieved two new boards and on the first board I tested I was getting the same problems as one of the first boards - power on and power down right away and the nic card chatter also. I had just gotten in the second set of Corsair memory so we tried them and WOW.. everything worked fine. Neither of the first two sticks worked at all in any of the boards tried (new or RMA'ed), but the new memory worked fine in one of the original boards we tested and assumed was bad (they had not been sent off yet). So we are back to both stick of memory in the twin set will not work.

Archived