Corsair Community

I need to change out mobo and cpu

seoulborn

I have the nautilus 500 installed on my computer, and it's been fantastic! But, now I'm upgrading my msi board to an Asus board and my processor from a single core to a dual core. What is the best way to take this thing apart?

I need to drain the hoses I'm guessing, but will I need to drain the nautilus itself?

Your advice is appreciated.

S.

HI

I just changed out my mobo and CPU, What I did (but don't neccessarily suggest you do) is took some grip type clamps used for woodworking (have rubber clamping surface) and clamped off one hose at a time inside the case close to where the hoses exit the case. I then cut the tubing off the connector that snaps into the back of the WC. I lost a little water but made sure a paper towel soaked it up.

You get the drift from there. :laughing:

Well, when I thought I was going to be alone out there, I went ahead and attempted it myself. It was all a big chore but I managed to 'git 'er done'. What I ended up doing was disconnecting the hoses from the nautilus 500...surprise!! it didn't spill everywhere just some drippage on the work bench...

I found a way to remove the little locky thingies (hey I'm girl I don't know all the tech terms) off the hoses and then pulled the nozzles out, draining the liquid from the hoses back into the coolant bottle I had saved. I got it all a part and re assembled. I am now the proud user of an Asus A832-mvp Deluxe, 4 gb ramage, AMD 3800+ x2, 2xATi X1600pros 512mb in crossfire, etc. I'm a happy camper and can sleep tonight. This is so much better than my MSI RD480 Neo2-FI.

Archived