Corsair Community

One fo the stick is bad

i've build my current system for around 4 months now and having a few stability problem here and there but nothing to worry about...until recently, i'm getting a lots of random reboot, sometime b4 window load some times a little after.

So i've tried to test everything i can think of, disconnect everything and connecting each component one at a time and everything went fine, even manage to install window and get everything working. one everything is working i decided to put everything else back in (connecting 2nd & 3rd HD, sound card, front panel USB, 1334 ect rebooting after each connecting) until i get to putting my second memory stick...the problem reappeared - random reboot, crash..ect

removing the second memory stick and everything went well again.. (even manage to get online and play games) so i downloaded memtest86 and ran the test, screen shot of the test included - the other stick is fine as i test the stick individually and using the same dimm channel

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/584/errorwz6.th.jpg

if the RMA is approved do i need to send both stick back? good and bad one?

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

yea..i already load the default... (the ram i've got is CMX1024-3200C2PT - it's a 1g pair) the mother board set it as 400MHz and cas 3-3-3-8 i've run the memtest on that but still error. I re-setting it to 400MHz and cas 2-3-3-6 and still error, but luckily only one of the stick is faulty so i still manage to get my com running using the other stick. Sadly i don't have another MB to test the faulty stick on..but i did tried it on the other dimm channel... error still

hopefully i get reply on the form i filled in for the RMA ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

hi i've got my RMA, but i would like to know is that can RMA number expire?

This is because i've recently start on a project and will not finished for another 3 - 4, hence i can not send out the both good and bad ram for replacement at current time because i need the good ram in my com to complete the project..

can i still send the ram in 3 - 4 weeks time using the current RMA number? or would i have to request another RMA?

thanx you

Archived