Corsair Community

CMX512-3500C2 XMS3500 Doesnt work on Boards

Da Man

I have an old CMX512-3500C2 XMS3500 (XMS3502v1.1 0250223) DDR stick. And its doesnt work with my Abit NF7-S v2.0 or my ASRock 939Dual Sata II board. Is there any way to fix this? or am i you-know-what out of luck? is there some sort of spd update that can be done or something? can it be exchanged for a newer version that works? It worked on my Abit AT7-Max2 and my Gigabyte GA-7VRX. It seems to only like older boards

• Corsair Employees
XMS3500C2 is based o Winbond -5 Rev B IC's and they are no longer available. You can talk to Customer Service 888-222-4346 and see what they say but these modules should run in the MB's you mentioned. Are you trying to mix them with other memory?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
Please call our Tech support at 800-205-7657 and we will try to help you solve the problem, and our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday thru Friday excluding holidays! And ask to speak with The Ram Guy!

• 2 weeks later...
I just wanted to let you know, that the case is closed, and they sent me some new RAM for it, (and the CMX-3200XL at that too! nice!) Thanks RamGuy, i was just about to give up when your "just call this number" did it for me. Keep up the good work

Archived