Corsair Community

help with OCing ram

so I have twinx1024-3200c2pt. rev 1.5 lot 0525066-1. I have also found out I have IC winbond 5 rev. B UTT.

what does the 5 rev. B mean? (I know UTT is un-tested)

and I know each set of chips are different, but about how high could I OC these? From what I see with my MB the voltage only goes to 2.85V

On top of that would I be better off not changing the ram divider, and just oc a little? or take the divider to 166 and have my CPU go higher?

I have looked many other places and I have not seen anything to help me that much. If you could give me some advice/ info all of it would be great.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same ram. Haven't had a whole ton of luck either, but I am running the stock 2-3-3-6 at 2.75V. Here's what I'm running right now, seems to be doing okay...

Divider is at 166.5, and the FSB is at 240MHz. So that puts the ram at 413MHz overall... not bad running the timings that tight. Yea, so it's OCed a little bit. Anything much higher than that won't even let me boot. I haven't messed with the voltage or the timing a whole ton- but I'm sure that it could run faster if the timings were loosened up a little. Like you, I haven't had much luck finding a whole ton of info on this particular set of memory sticks...

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
I am running my timming at 2-2-2-5 divider 166, FSB @240 so is comes out to 200MHz again (DDR 400) I have noticed much better sability once I upped the voltage to 2.8, and changed the timmings. I also was able to get 220 MHz (didn't change voltage w/ cpu so I think that was causing the comp not to start) I am sure it would go higher if I really spent the time playing around w/ the settings. If anyone has spent more time finding the best settings (oc to timming ratio) that would be great.

Archived