Corsair Community

bad module

chunky

I bought an a 1GB CMX1024-3200 from newegg about 3 weeks ago and I put in my ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe MOBO with an Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 power supply. It worked for an week and a half till all of sudden i started to get blue screened rite after windows post screen. I changed the timing in the bios and still the blue screen shows. At first I thought it was my Mobo so i tried an 512MB memory from my old computer and it work fine no blue screen or anything. So now im pretty sure the memory went bad unless somebody know whats wrong with it? thanks

well first i had it on factory default only thing I changed was the time and boot up menu. When I got the blue screen I changed the Ram timing to 3-3-3-8 and 200MHZ and changed the power for DDR to v2.7 and left everything else default.

Not to sure if you wanted to know this or something else. This is my first time I ever ran into this problem. thanks

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS3200 Cass 3-3-3-8 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived