Corsair Community

Dell 9100 Laptop

contrez

I have a Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop and recently purchased the 1GB stick upgrade CMSS1GB-400SOD. I installed it and now when playing online games I get a random complete "blue screen" and have to power down the computer to get it to come back online. Never had that happen before as far as I can remember...

I did leave one 256mb stick that was factory installed from Dell in the laptop and am wondering if this could possibly cause the problem? The RAM from Corsair website says it is compatible so i dont see why that should matter.

Any help??

Ok, I just took the OEM 256 out and ran the same programs witht the same result- computer freezes with blue screen. This is with the above memory from Corsair installed only.

Please advise what my bext course of action is, all mobo drivers/bios are up to date and I am running WinXP home with a Pentium 4 3ghz HT

• Corsair Employees

That module should be compatible with your system, but I would sot suggest mixing it with the memory that came with your system.

So let's get your module replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived