Corsair Community

Intel BOXDP965LTCK and PC6400 compatibility

dmanla

Is the Intel BOXDP965LTCK compatible with Corsair TWIN2X1024A-6400? The motherboard lists 1.8V only and the Corsair memory is rated at 1.9V. Will it still work? Maybe at a slower speed?

Thanks for any help!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ram Guy, could you update compatibility info on Corsair XMS 6400 DDR2modules and Intel 965 boards. There have been BIOS updates by Intel (most recent 9/6/06). Corsair website still shows recommended modules and on that basis I purchased Corsair Twin XMS 6400 DDR2 for my Intel board. The Intel website does say memory should be 1.8v. The Corsair website says the modules are tested at 1.9v.

I have read on forums that Corsair does work fine on Intel boards and that the Corsair default voltage is 1.8 even though it is tested at 1.9v.

Will the Corsair modules work ok in Intel boards? Since I already bought the Corsair RAM, should I use slower timing, such as 6-6-6?

Thanks for your help.

• Corsair Employees
If the MB you are looking at will support setting the memory voltage then our XM2S modules would be compatible, other wise I would suggest our Value Select line of modules! Sorry but thats all the information I have at this time!

Archived