Corsair Community

DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert + Corsair TWINX 2048 3200C2

sukaafeisu

I have a problem, I cant get into windows, I am in safemode now because normal mode wont work, it crashes before the windows loading screen comes up.

I did a memtest and it get a bazilion errors.

I have settings of 2-3-3-6 with 2.74volts

My specs are in my sig.

I know the Corsair website has your motherboard and memory combination tested at 2-3-3-6 but you might want to try 2.5-3-3-6 because those are the rated specs for running with an AMD CPU. I have the same motherboard and memory (although I have 4 GB) and I was only able to get to 2.5-3-2-5 to run reliably.

I know the Corsair website has your motherboard and memory combination tested at 2-3-3-6 but you might want to try 2.5-3-3-6 because those are the rated specs for running with an AMD CPU. I have the same motherboard and memory (although I have 4 GB) and I was only able to get to 2.5-3-2-5 to run reliably.

2.5 is for AthlonXPs, nothing else. Also, 2-3-3-6 are for 2 sticks, not four. There's no guaranteed timings for 4 sticks.

2.5 is for AthlonXPs, nothing else. Also, 2-3-3-6 are for 2 sticks, not four. There's no guaranteed timings for 4 sticks.

Thanks, I didn't know it was just for AthlonXPs. The reseller where I purchased mine stated it was for all AMD CPUs (which just goes to show, trust the manufacturer's website and not the reseller's). I know there are no guaranteed timings for 4 sticks and I should make it clear that I'm extremely happy with the performance I'm getting out of the 4GB. But I digress; this has nothing to do with solving sukaafeisu's memory problem.

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS3200C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm I can get into windows fine now. Though I still have a problem. I can use the computer with no errors for between 6-12 hours, then I start getting problems, things crashing etc. then if I restart and do the memtest it gets errors. Though If I turn the computer off and leave it for a few mins then turn it back on again everything is fine.

mem timings are 2 3 3 6

2.8V

I have attached a minidump

Minidump.zip

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them or it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum

Archived