Corsair Community

VS1GBKIT400 and more memory?

Pietervs

Hi,

I've bought the parts for my computer last November, including an MSI K8N Diamond motherboard and a VS1GBKIT400, which contains two modules of 512 Mb each, as well as an AMD Athlon 64-3200 procesoor.

Now I'm looking to upgrade my computer, since I wanna test some things with VMWare. So I'm looking at both my processor (the prices have dropped dramatically for the X2 series :biggrin: ), as well as the memory of my computer.

But there's where I find myself in trouble: there are no 1 Gb dual channel kits available from the VS series, except for the VS2GBKIT400C3. The timings are somewhat different though: from my "old" set the timings are 2.5-3-3-8, for this new set the timings are 3-3-3-8.

Will this cause serious instability or can I just put the new modules in? Or should I be looking at faster modules like the TwinX208-3200C2?

• Corsair Employee
You should not mix memory with this MB, just replace what you have now with the VS2GBKit400C3 and you should be good to go, and of course Twinx2048-3200C2 would be a slightly faster set of modules.

Archived