Corsair Community

Ram sticks are bad

Hello. I recently purcahsed 2 gigs of Corsair XMS ram ddr 400 (TWINX2048-3200)

for my new system. After building my system I was having some stability issues (random crashes and freezes) which became more and more frequent over the course of a couple of weeks. When I had the weekend off work I took the time to troubleshoot my new computer. I could no longer even load Windows without either a freeze or bsod with the "Driver_IRQ_Not Less or Equal To" error coming up. I checked the psu and hd, both checked out perfectly. Then I ran Memtest 86 and it returned with massive errors. I remember by Step 4 I had something like 20,000 (not kidding, that bad) errors and they were occuring on each stick. Same thing testing both stick or individually. Tried them in a friend's system and received the same result. I also removed the apparently defective sticks and tried my system with a 256mb module I had laying around and it worked perfectly, also Memtest revealed no errors.

It looks like these two sticks are clearly DOA, so where should I go from here? I think Ramguy has to help me so I can get my rma, please respond quickly so I can get my 2 gigs back, my system is slow as heck on only 256 lol :)

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS3200 Cass 3-3-3-8 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Retested the two sticks in both my system and my dad's with the same errors in Memtest. Tested the sticks together and individually in both systems, all showing errors. Odd that both sticks aren't working, but this is the only problem my system is having (everything else checks out perfectly) and they are defective in both computers I've tried them in so they are evidently in need of repair/replacement. Thank you all for your help and I will start the rma process shortly.

Archived