Corsair Community

Bad Module

nigor

I have Corsair Value Select 1GB kit (VS1GBKIT400). which I bought in Jan 2006. 2 day ago, my windows starting crashing like crazy, blue screens of death all over the place. Even installing windows from scratch would result in BSODs during install! So I loaded up dos and ran memtest86+ v. 1.65. I got lots of errors 3% into the test. So I took out one module and ran the test: pass. I swapped the module and got the errors. So only one of the modules fails (I used the same slot for testing). I did run the same test when I first bought the memory and passed. Nothing was done to the systems in the recent memory, same hardware and all. I took the module to my girlfriend's computer, ran memtest86+ and it failed. Did the same thing with the other module and it passed. Repeated the test at the computer @ work, same results.

please help.

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived