Corsair Community

Problem with P5N32

kRiSiS

Hey, I have a P5N32 with the 310 BIOS. The computer does have the problem of shutting off whenever it wants, with sets of beeps from the BIOS. I wasn't able to POST or get video output with the XMS2 PC2-5400 RAM that I have, but I saw that some people had success with the K-Byte 1GB PC2-4200 553 Mhz RAM, so I bought that to try it out. It turns out that the RAM does allow me to get video, but the computer still shuts off after a random number of seconds (usually 1-30 seconds). I checked the AMI BIOS beep codes and found that it might mean that the board is still having trouble with the RAM, and when I put the RAM into different channels, I'll get either the same performance or less time to power kill. I took out power to everything but the mainbord (including both SLI video cards) to see if the problem was with the amount of power going to the board (550W supply), but it still shuts off after that short time. Can someone tell me what's wrong?? :confused: I just wanna get it running long enough to update the BIOS.

• 4 months later...

i have the P5N32N-SLI Premium and it is doing the same thing to me too.

i have a 400WATT PSU and was told this is the reason. But someone else had told me that it could be that this BIOS version it came with doesn't support my Intel Core Duo 2 CPU so it needs to be updated by inserting a non-duo core cpu and then flashing the BIOS this way.

what was your soloutions???

Archived