dextar

Here is my comp specs:

MB: KT6V-AMD Athlon XP+2000

RAM: VS256MB333, VS1GB333

430W PSU

Soundblaster LIVE!

Win XP pro

NVIDIA GeForce FX-5200 128MB ddr

I've ran DOCmem 2.2b and it has found errors in the RAM. I also receive MANY errors from multiple types of installations (games etc) that refer to the memory. On top of this I often get blue screens that also refer to bad memory modules. I have checked my HDD, CPU, etc all are working fine it seems. The module I am mostly concerned with is the VS1GB333 because of course it is the larger one. I am going to run some diagnostics on the 256MB module soon, but I assume I'd have to make a seperate post for that as well. Although I think the 256MB chip is fine, since I haven't gotten any problems until I put this 1GB chip in. (The 1GB chip was an upgrade, as I had the 256MB chip for about 1year with no issues).

I checked the compatibility page, and it shows this chip as being compatible with my MB. I have tried running the chip w/o the other VS chip and similar problems still occur. Or mabye the issue is some sort of compatibility issue? I noticed the model is VS1GB333, but the spec shows it as 266 DDR...

Anyways, any help or an RMA would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dextar

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

Archived