Corsair Community

problem

Koriat

Ive got this same problem--i just got my VS1GB400C3 from you guys that was replaced due to it being corrupted, and after putting in the new one, my computer wont work, it'l turn on and just stay at a blank screen, cant run memtest because it just doesnt get anywhere. I KNOW this type works because Ive had it working for 6 months, and I dont think I changed any BIOS settings, thought I did upgrade from XP home to Pro, and kept the BIOS settings at default, I also had BIOS on default when i was running Xp Home. Even so, I dont know how to change any of this:

Dram Configuration

------------------

Timing Mode: Manual

Memclock index value (Mhz): 400Mhz

CAS# latency (Tcl): 3

Min RAS# active time (Tras): 8T

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd): 3T

Row precharge Time (Trp): 3T

Row cycle time (Trc): 9T

Row refresh cyc time (Trfc): 10T

Read-to-Write time (Trwt): 4T

Write Recovery time (Twr): 2T

1T/2T Memory Timing: 2T

S/W DRAM Over 4G Remapping: Enabled

Im going to test the stick in another computer and see what happens.

My BIOS version is AG91510J.15A.0579.2004.1008.1003 and SMBIOS is 2.3

Motherboard is an Intel 915GV Express, with a Pentium 4 (its an emachines t5026 if you need more specs)

no, there are also two 256 sticks. The gig stick didnt work by itself or in any combination of the 3. I put the gig stick into my other computer and it runs perfectly, and there shouldnt be a compatiblity issue because I had the exact same type in before for about 8 months.

• Corsair Employees
We would not be able to replace for another part#, but we would be happy to replace your module. Let's get them both replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived