Corsair Community

Value Select memory for Inspiron 8200

geoduck

I'm curious about the compatibility of Value Select SODIMM modules with a Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop. The Corsair memory configurator doesn't list any Value Select modules, just System Select modules, as compatible with the 8200. I'd like to go with two 512 MB Value Select modules because of the price difference for the System Select modules, but will they really not work? I looked at a number of other systems from Dell, IBM, and HP and the configurator always recommended the System Select modules and never listed any Value Select modules. One more thing, if indeed the Value Select will work should I make sure I get the DDR-266 modules or will DDR-333 work as well? One place I'm looking at buying them from only has the DDR-333.

Thanks,

Kelly

• Corsair Employees
I would suggest using the modules suggested on our cionfigurator, but if you can find our Vale Select PC-2100 SO-Dims they would work as long as you dont have on board memory and you will only use our Vale Select modules in that system. The part number would be VS512SDS266 there are a few resellers who may still have stock of them.

• Corsair Employees

It’s the same answer as previously given!

I would suggest using the modules suggested on our configurator, but if you can find our Vale Select PC-2100 SO-Dims they would work as long as you don’t have on board memory and you will only use our Vale Select modules in that system. The part number would be VS512SDS266 there are a few resellers who may still have stock of them.

Please look up the system in question on our memory configurator and use a module that’s listed or you can ask us but I would need the whole name and model number of your system and what exactly will you be adding or changing with the system.

Archived