Corsair Community

Twinx1024- 3200C2PT w/ASUS A8N-SLI Premium

slyder

Hi Ram Guy,

Need help on this Config or maybe one of my memory stick is out. I recently change my Motherboard from Gigabyte to this ASUS motherboard. The system continously reboot itself and the Bios is set at defaults. Now, I remove one of the stick and the system is running fine. I did try to trouble shoot it one at a time and one of the stick is causing it to reboot itself. (Bios-DRAM setting still set at default "AUTO") Is there anyway I can get this replace? If so, how and can I upgrade to a better Lower Latancy Mem Stick. Looking for the lowest Latency stick so I can play online 3d Game like World of Warcraft.

Please advise. Thanks

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

• Corsair Employees

You can follow the link in my signature for the tested settings, but it should be something like this:

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%/DDR400

Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 200MHz/400DDR

Legacy USB: Disabled

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

Oh Ram,

What if I want to get a better Mem stick for 2gb. I saw some Pro series that are with a Lower Latency. which one would you recommend? Also, what are the DDR 433 and 3500 means. will my ASUS motherboard support that??

• Corsair Employees

Our hours are 8:30 Am to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday Thru Friday Excluding Holidays!

XMS3200C2 means the modules are tested at Cass 2-3-3-6 at DDR400

XMS3500LL means the modules are tested at Cass 2-3-2-6 at DDR433

Please see XMS Qualification and Testing! And yes this MB will be able to over clock to the tested settings!

Hi ram Guy,

actually, the stick is fine. The stick I thought it was out is working fine now with the setting you ask me to set at. I thought the memory stick is at 2.75 volts?? No?

I can add another 1gb stick to my system and what stick should I get with the current Memory i Have. also, which slot of dimm should I put it once I get the extra stick. thanks

Hi Ram,

Can you let me know what are the difference with these two and will it work with my MotherBoard? How much of a difference for these two if I am using it for Online 3D gaming. lots of activities... What is the difference btw Platinum & Pro?

TWINX2048-3200PRO

TWINX2048-4000PT

Also, will you guys be able to exchange for the one I have and I can pay the difference to it?? Please let me know.

I see that some of the voltage on the other Memory sticks are lower and has different timing like 3-3-3-6? does that make a big difference between the one I have currently?

Thanks.

Corsair can't upgrade your memory like that. They didn't sell you the memory, for that matter, they don't sell to end users at all, and also don't have the ability to do standard transactions like that.

TWINX2048-3200PRO

200 Mhz (DDR400), 3-3-3-8 timings, black colored heat spreader that's bigger (e.g. covers more surface area) than non-PRO heat spreaders, pretty lights

TWINX2048-4000PT

250 Mhz (DDR500), 3-4-4-8 timings, platinum colored heat spreader, no lights

TWINX1024- 3200C2PT

200 Mhz (DDR400), 2-3-3-6 timings, platinum colored heat spreader, no lights

ALL DDR1 XMS memory is tested at 2.75 volts. They're warrantied up to, but not over, 2.90 volts. 2.70's the lowest I'd recommend running them at.

Unless you're going to overclock, I'd stick with some version of the TwinX2048-3200 pack. The timings and colored lights are up to you.

• Corsair Employees

XMS3200 is tested set Cas 3-3-3-8 at DDR400

XMS4000 is tested at Cas 3-4-4-8 at DDR500

I am sorry we don’t have any kind of upgrade plan were that would be easy for us to do.

Again you should not mix memory with the MB and or platform you have, but you are welcome to try it. However, there are just too many possible issues to try and support it.

Archived