Corsair Community

TWINX2048-3200C2 & K8N-E Deluxe with old AMD Athlon 64 3200+

Per Otto Opstad

Hello!

I have just bought TWINX2048-3200C2 becouse i see that this is the most popular RAM from Corsairs memory advisor page.

I have read some threads about this config, but i have seen conflicting advices on the preferred setup of this combination.

1. Which DIMM slots is best? 1,3 or 1,2 or 2,3?

2. Which bios is the best for this RAM & CPU?

3. What settings in the bios are best. (I need no special overclocking, just need this to be stable.)

4. I have read alot about this CPU and about dual and single rank ram modules, so i wonder : will these two modules work and give me 2GB of memory and run in 200Mhz? If so WHY? Are they single rank?

• Corsair Employees

1. Which DIMM slots is best? 1,3 or 1,2 or 2,3?

A: I would suggest Slots 1-3 or 2-3

2. Which bios is the best for this RAM & CPU?

A: I would try the latest version and you might check at http://www.abxzone.com for more suggestions!

3. What settings in the bios are best. (I need no special overclocking, just need this to be stable.)

A: I would set the tested settings Cas 2.5-3-3-6 at 2.7 Volts!

4. I have read alot about this CPU and about dual and single rank ram modules, so i wonder : will these two modules work and give me 2GB of memory and run in 200Mhz? If so WHY? Are they single rank?

A: Most all modules we make that are 512 Meg and larger will be double rank!

With this MB if you install more than one double rank module DDR333 would be suggested. But you can try and force it to run at DDR400.

Archived