Corsair Community

Bad RAM need RMA

s4Lt

Ok, I guess this is what I should do to get new RAM to replace the one that isn't working?

So I never touched the RAM since I bought it and now all of a sudden it wont boot into windows. So I busted out my PC-Check cd to see what was not working since it wouldn't go into Windows XP Pro or into Safe-Mode. After scanning every component on my PC the test passed for everything but my 2 sticks of RAM, I have Corsair CMX512-3200C2 XMS3202v5.2 0607346-1.

Thats what I have written on my RAM sticks.

I know for a fact that the RAM is bad because I bought another 1GB Dual Channel RAM and RAM the test on this RAM and it passed, and then I was able to boot into Windows XP Pro. So I need to have these 2 stick replaced if possible. If someone could let me know what to do from here that would be great. Thanks.

its from a deferent company cuz it was less expensive, i needed RAM ASAP and its what I could afford but its OCZ pretty much same specs as the Corsair I had. There really isn't any trouble shooting to do, the test I did was a test made by all computer technician to test hardware (like futureshop and bestbuy). The problem was the RAM, Frequency on both are 200MHz from what CPUz is giving me they both have the same specs.

Archived