Corsair Community

Bad stick of Value Select

benwa73

I was using the item in question, no problems for about 2 months. Recently my computer will not power up with it installed, gives the constant long beeps and does the exact same thing when installed in another cpu. Part # is CM72SD1024RLP-3200/S. Thanks in advance.

sure, I use a MSI KT3 Ultra-ARU.

I've also tried it in a MSI K7N2 Delta2-LSR with the same results.

I currently have two sticks of OCZ Gold PC3200 (OCZ4002048ELGEGXT-K) that are running my computer for now.

• Corsair Employees
The module you have listed CM72SD1024RLP-3200/S is a registered ECC module and would not be compatible with other memory and may not be compatible with this MB. Do you have a server based MB you can test the module in that will support Registered ECC DDr400 memory?

I have an IBM Netfinity 355 at work, I brought it in and still the same issue. I normally don't use the other sticks on my home PC, I just put them in to keep myself running until I can get this one replaced.

• Corsair Employees
Doing a web search for that system brings up some conflicting information. If the system is using Server Works Chipset the module in question would not be supported as well. However, I have no problem replacing your module, but if you still have problems when you get the new module I would suggest that you call or Tech support at 800 205 7657.

Archived