Corsair Community

Bad Memory

I have 2 1gb modules of Corsair CMX1024-3500LLPRO. They are failing memtest. It comes back with a 66% pass, and over 1000 errors. I am running a ASUS A8n32-SLI, AMD 4000, both of which I just RMA'ed because I thought it was them that were bad. But its the memory. Also I replaced the ram with other memory and the computer works fine. It also fails Prime95 stress test.

I was very surprised when I called ASUS and they told me sometimes high-end memory requires a little tweaking to work. With help from them I set the memory settings in manually without disabling the usb legacy and the memory works fine now. I have built hundreds of computers as I own my own computer repair shop. It was a good learning experance for me as I most likely be seeing equipment such as this in the future in for repair at my shop. Thank you for your help.

The memory started failing memtest86 again. I tried disabling the USB legacy but it still fails. As soon as memtest starts it comes up with error after error. I have an ASUS A8N32-SLI could you tell me exactly what settings need to set in the bios for this memory. Thank you.

Archived