Corsair Community

SO-DIMM For Compaq Presario V5206OM

johnd2

I just purchased a Compaq Presario V5206OM notebook. It has 333MHz DDR memory. The online configurator doesn't list this notebook. I found a 1GB Corsair SO-DIMM VS1GSDS333 at an online vendor that looks as though it should work in the notebook, but I wanted to get some confirmation before I ordered it to be sure it was compatible with this notebook. Anybody know if this will work in this notebook?

It would probably work -- if you remove your existing memory from your notebook. Otherwise, if you intend to add to your existing memory, you should get a System Select CMSS1GB-333SOD module (but be prepared to spend at least double for such a module).

Thanks for the reply. I did some further research after posting my message. I searched for the memory that the service guide for my laptop lists on HP's site and found some HP laptops that use the same memory. I used one of those laptops in the online configurator and it reported that I needed the CMSS1GB-333SOD. So, it sounds like I'd be better off to order the CMSS1GB-333SOD to insure compatibility with the notebook. If I new the VS1GSDS333 would work without any problems, I could remove both of the existing 256MB SO-DIMMs and leave one slot open. That would leave the option open to later add another 1GB.

Archived