Corsair Community

Nautilus Mod's

ira-k

Hi,I got the Nautilus for a new box I'm building.It is just what I have been looking for,a nice compact external unit.I traded out the stock fan for a Sunnon 108 cfm,I also was looking to close up some of the gap's around the bottom of the radiator.That is my first question.I know closing these gaps would concentrate the air pressure through the center of the rad,but would I be creating a vacum in the rest of the case.I wonder if I drilled 1/8 holes through the case in the area of the pump that it would properly cool the pump.Also has anyone tried an Apogee or a Nexus XP or any aftermarket block with this unit yet?I also would like to add an external rad to this.Like I said I haven't connected this to a cpu I've only ran it off a PSU,that's why I don't know about the heat build up.Well thanks for any replies.And thank's Corsair,this is just a perfect little starter kit for me.

Hi,I got the Nautilus for a new box I'm building.It is just what I have been looking for,a nice compact external unit.I traded out the stock fan for a Sunnon 108 cfm,I also was looking to close up some of the gap's around the bottom of the radiator.That is my first question.I know closing these gaps would concentrate the air pressure through the center of the rad,but would I be creating a vacum in the rest of the case.I wonder if I drilled 1/8 holes through the case in the area of the pump that it would properly cool the pump.Also has anyone tried an Apogee or a Nexus XP or any aftermarket block with this unit yet?I also would like to add an external rad to this.Like I said I haven't connected this to a cpu I've only ran it off a PSU,that's why I don't know about the heat build up.Well thanks for any replies.And thank's Corsair,this is just a perfect little starter kit for me.

As far as vacuum, the fan is not positive displacement so it will only blow whatever air can come into it. I suspect tho the more you restrict the air flow, the more amps it will draw because it's working slightly harder.

Any holes you drill could short circuit the air flow needed thru the rad.

As far as vacuum, the fan is not positive displacement so it will only blow whatever air can come into it. I suspect tho the more you restrict the air flow, the more amps it will draw because it's working slightly harder.

Any holes you drill could short circuit the air flow needed thru the rad.

Thanks boogieman,Yeah I see exactly what your saying,since I'm only sealing off the rad around the bottom of the case I'll still be drawing radiant heat from the pump and res.Sealing around the rad on the bottom and putting in a higher cfm fan really increased the airflow through the Rad.

How did the stock fan work for temp's vs the new one? Or didn't ya try it.

Thanks

No not yet,I'm going to use this on a new rig that's not togather yet.Madshrimps did a review where they poped the top off and just layed a 90cfm Sunun on top of the rad,it lowered the temp 2-3 C.I forgot to add that I replaced the stock grill guard with a wire one. What kind of temp's you getting with the sandy,is it stock or overclocked? Thank's

aacor.JPEG.bfdbf1a631ebbde4ed99d21096589ec3.JPEG

I just put together this week the parts in my sig. Not overclocking yet. Idle in my basement at default vcore is 24C. Haven't really tested load yet but after running a game, MBM5 showed 31C as a high.

I saw that Madshrimp review. My goal is to get 250 on the ram then see what the Sandy will do. Let us know how the fan works out, might be modding mine.

Have fun :D:

Hi boogieman, Sure will let you know how it turns out.It will be a month or so before I get my new rig togather.My sig are my parts I've got togather so far.Right now I'm on an old s/754 3200,I'm not going to bother to hook it up in this.That's a heck of a nice rig you got going there,nice temp's to,wish I had a cool basement for my rig!Bet that 3500LL is some sweet ram, I think I will be going with the 3200c2. Enclosed is a pic that people can try without voiding there warraty,don't know if it will make much of a difference with the stock fan and grill. Hope you can hit 3.0 or better on your Sandy!!

1524557354_acorsairbottomofrad.JPEG.1f34e19532d1894019560a6a1ee496a8.JPEG

Archived