Corsair Community

Asus A8N-VM will not POST with more than one stick.

The title pretty much says it all. I have the Asus A8N-VM CSM nForce 430 board paired up with some Corsair TwinX1024C2 Ram and it will not POST with two sticks of RAM, only one. I have tried both sticks of the matched pair in slot A1 and they both run just fine and have checked out in memtest. However, as soon as I put the other stick in A2 for dual channel mode, I get no POST, beeps, video, nothing. I have tried all versions of the BIOS from Asus website including 0506, 0706, 1001, and Beta 1002. I have tried 3 of these boards as well and they all give me the same issue. I have read of people getting this memory to work, but others saying that the board might not provide the required voltage. Asus tech support offered zero help and said to come here to find compatable RAM. The configurator says it should work. What do I do?

Everything in this machine is brand new. And like I say, the individual modules themselves seem to work fine. But both together do not. The CPU as well works fine and tests out with Prime95. I have already gone through 3 boards so I doubt that is the culprit. For more information, the CPU is a Venice Rev E6 Core 3500+ on a Rev 1.10A nForce 430 Asus A8N-VM board using the 1002 Beta BIOS (I've tried all the other BIOS'). I am going to go buy some cheapy RAM today to see if that fixes it. Apparently, people have been having better luck with cheap RAM like Patriot and Rosewill. I will try that and see what happens.

Archived