Corsair Community

Asus K8N-E help

Shlep

I'm looking for a little help here on selecting the right RAM for this darn board, I've already tried a Samsung 1Gb stick and it didn't even post, after a few more trips to the store I gave up and got a refund, I've got a dual channel corsair in here at the moment but as with any multiples of double sided ram I've got a bus speed of 333mhz, so I ask is there a 1Gb stick out there that will run at 400mhz with this board, and will it POST? :confused:

He had mentioned "dual channel corsair" so I assumed he is installing 2 sticks.

He has a matched pair of memory but, he also has a socket 754 CPU and MOBO which cannot operate in dual channel. So, ideally, a single stick of memory is the best for this type of setup as multiple sticks add additional ranks, latencies, and power consumption.

Mike.

Thanks for the replies guys and Mike I was looking at that ram earlier and just want to be sure it'll work before I order it, especially after finding 2 different sticks that wouldn't even post.

Thanks for the replies guys and Mike I was looking at that ram earlier and just want to be sure it'll work before I order it, especially after finding 2 different sticks that wouldn't even post.

If you are having problems posting with 1gb sticks, make sure you have the latest bios loaded. It may enhance memory compatibility.

Mike

Archived