Corsair Community

installing new memory

DAVID SIMMONS

i bought a matched set of cmx1024-3200c2pt it beeps at me and that is it like it is not recognising it is it a bios setting that i need to change i have a intel augsberg D915GAGL-G1 BOARD AND 3.0 DUAL CORE AND EVERY THING ELSE that came with the machine oh and a pcie ati card

can some one tell me what to look for on this problem oh and if i put the kingston memory back in it works

the dumb HVAC guy in NEW MEXICO ?:evil:

the original memory is 256 2each and then i added 2 of kingst 512 and paired up with the slots for the dual channel i have also heard that resetting the bios would take me back to the default settings of the m/board but i have not ever re set any of the stuff in there just went in to look around and check the settings but never changed them ????? oh and yes they are seated correctly as many people have asked

i may have sounded like an idiot to some one,but i can do may things very well i'm just not a literature or english major . lets say punctuation is of no cocern to me

any how i have reset the bios and still the same thing when i start the system it beaps and like when you dont have the memory installed can i change the bios while i have the old memory installed or do you get it changed like when you get it to post when you install a new m/board

Archived