Corsair Community

ASUS P5WD2 Premium & TWIN2X1024A-6400

carpez

I purchased the ASUS P5WD2 Premium mobo along with Corsair's TWIN2X1024A-6400 memory modules. The memory modules were recommended by ASUS's web site to work with the mobo. During my Windows XP Pro SP 2 install I get a STOP error message: STOP: 0X0000007B. I have tried with another brand memory module compatible with the board and get the same error. I have switched HDs. I have tried with a single module and still get the same error during install. I have upgraded the mobo bios from 606 to the latest bios version 709. I followed your link to "XMS Qualifications and Testing" and added some of the changes listed to my bios but some of the options are not found in my bios. I will list below what was changed in my bios and what other option is not found in my bios:

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual - OK

CPU External Frequency: 200MHz - OK

DDR2 SDRAM Clock: 800MHz - OK

PCI Express Freq: Auto - OK

PCI Freq: 33.33 - OK

SDRAM CAS Latency: 5T - This option is not found in my bios

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 5T - This option is not found in my bios

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 5T - This option is not found in my bios

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 15T - This option is not found in my bios

SDRAM Write Recovery Time: 5 - This option is not found in my bios

DDR2 SDRAM Voltage: 1.9 - OK

Chipset Core Voltage: Auto - ? Not Sure This option is not found in my bios

I doubt the problem could the mobo but I'm not sure. I certain it must be the memory. Can you help me please on this. Your help would be greatly appreciated for I'm running out of time if it's the mobo to get an exchange from Newegg.

Carpez

I found how to change the SDRAM settings in the bios. I changed the DDR to 667MHz from 800MHz and I'm still getting the same error message. I think the problem is with the controller device drivers and I've loaded the drivers during Win XP setup (F6 option) and still get the same error. I thought maybe the problem was with the memory but I'm starting to think that it's not. I know this forum has to do with memory issues but do you or anyone else have run into this problem with this motherboard or the same problem?

Carpez

• 1 year later...

Archived