Corsair Community

Corsair Quality

LongFileName

Hi, I noticed there are a lot of posts out there about failed flash memory or usb drives. Does this mean Corsair memory is defective in some way or that the manufacturing process is flawed? Or are all memory company forums have the same number and types of complaints?? How do they compare to a company like Sandisk or Kingston?? I'm just curious, I've never been to a flash memory forum before and I don't know the rate at which any flash cards fail.

LongFileName.

You're seeing a skewed perspective, as people primarily (98% minimum) post here for problems, not if it works just fine. Who would post about a USB stick (or memory for that matter) if it worked just fine? Hardly anyone.

• Corsair Employees
Exactly and you have to take into account that we sell a large number of flash products more than 250,000 units per week. So the percentage of people havaing problems is verry small if you consider the volume we sell.

I see. What is the % of card that you do have to replace or hear about problems? What are the causes of these problems? Do the devices usually come from the same lot? Or is it something that happens onver time? Again, I'm just curious.

LongFileName

• Corsair Employees
The return rate on our flash products is less that 1/2 of 1% of what we sell. And of course we look for problems that are consistent to improve our quality. This is done automatically; and we monitor it on a regular basis. As far as what we have found the information is not in a format that would be easy to understand and I would not be able to share it, only to say there are no known issues that have not been addressed and if you consider the number we get in return its way less than the average for other electronic components about 2% so I can only say as Wired stated before you have to see the over all statistics and most people who come here do so to get help.

Archived