Corsair Community

Flash Voyager 2.0GB Failed After 8 Months

Aldona

Hmm.. purchased my 2GB Corsair Flash Voyager about 8 months ago. Worked great upon receipt and I used it frequently for about 6 months without issues. Just recently I've had problems when plugging into a USB port (regardless of the port or even the computer)... it either doesn't read at all, I'm notified of a "problem with the hardware", or I'm prompted to format the drive. A right-click / "properties" shows as though the HD is full, yet it reads 0GB as if I have no space. ?

I read through some similar posts on this site and have tried a few options (file recovery via File Scavenger 3.0 - yielded 0 results, also downloaded Corsair EZ-Recover Utility but am unsure of how to implement it? seemed like it downloaded, but nothing after that)... looks like I'm S.O.L. thus-far. Lots of files from school on this HD. Suggestions? :confused:

• Corsair Employees

Please try and format your Flash Voyager with Corsair EZ-Recover Utility. Please note; this will not recover Data; it’s made to recover the FAT table for the Flash drive.

But First if you need to recover some data there are some third party utilities available that may help you if you have some data you need to recover from this site.

If you still have problems, let’s get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

hmm... looks like perhaps the last post was an automated reply, as I've already stated that I've tried the methods listed above. Was hoping that perhaps I could get some light shed on how else to recover files.

I must agree that there are quite a few posts on this forum of issues that appear similar to mine with the 2GB Flash... wondering if it's worth replacing it if it will just crash again? Can't afford to lose these files as they are all graphic design projects for portfolio, and the reason I bought it was to act as a storage drive since my MAC's memory isn't big enough to store them all. :(:

If there are any other suggestions on how to recover files please let me know. Thanks.

• Corsair Employees

With in that post is a link to a thrid party web site where you can find some utuilities to try to recover the data off of the drive!

And this is common with all types of removable media no matter who makes them. However, if you consider the Volume we sell of this product the number of people having a problem is less than 1/2 of one percent, so its verry small. Compared to the number sold.

I am sorry but we do not offer direct data recovery support, and if you cannot get the drive back we will be happy to replace it.

... as I had advised in my initial post, I had already tried using the software off of the suggested link: File Scavenger 3.0. (In that initial post I had also mentioned using Corsair EZ-Recover Utility, to which the auto-reponse added "try and format your Flash Voyager with Corsair EZ-Recover Utility".) I was just disheartened by the use of the auto-response as I had already done what was suggested. Was just looking for an alternative.

Thanks for the assistance.

• Corsair Employees
If these option did not work for you, I am sorry but that was not automated its pre-written yes but it fit the reported problem. So the choice is to get your drive replaced or please in detail please let me know what you want me to do. There are not a lot of options with flash drives they either work or they don’t. Sometimes Windows just gets lost and looses the file system its common and why the pre-written response and it happens with all makes of flash drives. However, if there is a hardware problem with the drive the symptoms can be deceiving and harder to trouble shoot.

Archived