Corsair Community

Bad RAM - No Cookie

Hi,

I have a bad 1GB Memory module. I tried getting RMA withou RAM guy Post number and never got an e-mail back from anyone at corsair. The RAM is bad as it spits tons of errors using memtest86.

Module is part of a Twin Package and I cannot return it to Newegg as they asked for both sticks of ram and I need the other stick which is working fine so that I can run the computer.

This is all the information on the sticker:

CMX1024-3200C2 XMS3202v2.1

0611134-2

XMS3200 1024MB 400Mhz CL2

Please reply asap so that I can re-submit the RMA form and get the memory changed ASAP.

dijuremo

• Corsair Employees

You will need to get both modules replaced so they match! If you just get the one module replaced it may not match the one you have now and if its an AMD64 system it may not post unless the modules are exactly matched.

Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them or it.

You will need to get both modules replaced so they match! If you just get the one module replaced it may not match the one you have now and if its an AMD64 system it may not post unless the modules are exactly matched.

Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them or it.

Do you have any way of cross-shipping? I just cannot have a computer down until the ram goes there and comes back. This is running on an MSI K8NGM2 motherboard with an Athlon 64 X2 4200+.

dijuremo.

Archived