Corsair Community

Asus PC-DL Deluxe

webspider

I'd like to buy proper RAM for this board but I'm getting contradictory information. From what I have read the board supports PC2700/PC2100 unbuffered ECC or non-ECC Dims. However when I use the compatibility checker I get sent to http://compatible.corsairmemory.com/partner/asus/memorysearch.aspx?partnerid=42&modelid=1022&IDU=#othermodules which gives me info on TWINX2048-3200C2

Can you provide confirmation as to which 1 GIG sticks are best to use and where to buy.

Thanks!!

This MB supports PC-2700 memory and if you over clock I would suggest XMS3200C2 for best performance and compatibility.

Thanks for the reply.

So you are saying the PC3200 memory will function. Is there a special setup required?

I'd like to start with 2 X 1 gig sticks then probably add 2 more. I'm using this MB as a web server. Currently there are 2 X 512 PC2100 sticks installed.

Yes you can get the timings from my signature and the memory frequency should be set to DDR333.

The link in your signature seems to be broken.

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having some stability issues with the Ram I bought Twinx2048-3200C2 in a Asus PC-DL Deluxe.

Can you recommend some setting I could try for maximum stability and speed.

CPU clock =

CPU clock ratio =

CAS Latency =

Active to precharge =

Dram Ras Cas# delay =

Dram Ras# Precharge =

• Corsair Employees

CPU Clock and Ratio will depend on the CPU core you have installed

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

But if you have a 400FSB CPU the memory Frequency will need to be at PC-2100/DDR266 and if you have a 533 FSB CPU the memory frequency can be st PC-2700/DDR333.

CPU Clock and Ratio will depend on the CPU core you have installed

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

But if you have a 400FSB CPU the memory Frequency will need to be at PC-2100/DDR266 and if you have a 533 FSB CPU the memory frequency can be st PC-2700/DDR333.

I have twin 2.66 GHz 533Mhz CPU's. I will give this a try thanks for your help.

Cheers

NP and I would see if you have the memory voltage setting to 2.75 Volts as well as disable legacy USB.

I'm not able to find anywhere in the bios to set the memory voltage. Based on what we have discussed the setting I'm currently using are:

CPU clock = 133

CPU clock ratio = 20X

Dram Frequency= DDR333

CAS Latency = 2

Active to precharge = 6

Dram Ras Cas# delay = 3

Dram Ras# Precharge = 3

I will give this a try and see if my stability improves.

Archived