Corsair Community

Brand New COOL Liquid Cooling System with Defective Fan

timcox80

I'm posting here because the support email I submited bounced back to me with a failed status to a coolguy@corsairmemory.com address.

I just got this system today and after completely custom fitting it and filling with liquid I found that the fan does not work :sigh!:

I am looking to speak with whomever can arrange an exchange for a new fan because I don't even want to think about removing this system after custom fitting it and filling it with liquid. :[pouts:

Thanks

just sent a test email to coolguy and CC'd some other Corsair guys. That should start them to check out the email if it is a problem on their end. As for the fan, I'd call Customer Service directly at 1-888-222-4346 x0.

• Corsair Employees
The CoolGuy email is back up. When you state "Custom Fit" can you please explain or post an image? Since this is a cutom fit application are you able to test the fan by itself or only in the unit?

I've figured out the problem: the fan is wired incorrectly. If you switch the wires around from the fan, it should work. I tested it just running wires from the fan connector to cross over to the PCI power connector (so the red goes to black and vice-versa). I still don't know why it wouldn't work the other way, as I was under the impression that fans just blow the opposite direction when the wires are switched around.

Ok, I'll give that a try when I get home. Thanks for the suggestion. In Corsairs defense they have been more than willing to help me replace this fan with a new one, but if this fixes it I'm fine with switching the wires.

7/20 6pm

Whether it was the fan or the pci slot it absolutely did fix it to reverse the wires on one of them. Thanks for the idea jtherrien.

Archived