Corsair Community

need rma

yna1446

I have a stick of cmx512-3200c2pro when i run windows memory diagnostic i get an error on test:mats+ cache: off address:15b51434 expected:ffffffff actual:fffffffe

when i move it to the other slot the address changes bute the error is the same and the other stick works fine in both slots.

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

ok

fic am37 with vlb44 bios fsb 133. cpu amd xp2400+

all the bios settings are default (I do not overclock anything)

and I have two matched sticks (2x512) and the error is only in the one and not the other. I have tried the test with both sticks and each stick alone.

one passes and the other fails. they have both been working until recently when I started receiving random errors in programs and bsod. I have run the windows memory diagnostic and it failed on the test mats+(details in previous post) I have since removed the bad stick and the failures have gone (I am just slower). Can I please have an RMA

• Corsair Employees

With that CPU and MB you will have to manually configure the Bios or you might get errors. Please try these settings and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

CPU Freq: 133 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 133MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

all of those settings are the default settings. the memory passes memtest but the same stick fails on windows memory diagnostic (like i said in the first post). one stick passes and the other fails. if i run the computer with the passing stick it runs fine. if i run the computer with both or the bad stick it get bsod's.

why is it so hard to get an rma from corsair? i have a bad memory stick! i do this for a living i know how to spot bad memory.

Archived