Corsair Community

Ram Problem , Can you help?

Yozo

Hi there

First time poster :): , I had a look around before post but could not find any post with the same problem :confused: Sorry if it in the wrong area, here is the problem I am having, any help will be very greatfuly

I recently purchased a pack of "Corsair 1GB DDR2 XMS2-5400 Pro TwinX (2x512MB)

XMS Number:- XMS5401v4.4

Lot Code:-0624412-1

Serial Number:-1000090064

When I instal them in the motherboard, then hit the power button the computer will not turn at all as if it had no power. I did not get the normal "beep" to say it was not compatable with my computer. I've try them one at a time to check if one of them might be damage at all, but both get the same result. Only when the old ram is instal the computer turns on, but with any of the new ram instaled as well it will not turn on.

Here is my computer system infomation :), in case it helps any

Operating System:

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2

Motherboard:

PlatiniX 2D/533 Detail info on mother board weblink http://www.qdigrp.com/qdisite/eng/products/PlatiniX2D533.htm

Processor:

Intel Pentium 4a, 2400mrHZ (4.5 x 533)

Memory:

Dimm 256mb

Video Card # 1:

NVDIA GeForce Ti 4200 (128mb)

Hard Drive # 1:

Maxtor 2F040J0 (40gig)

Hard Drive # 2:

Samsung SP1203N (120gig)

Case:

Unknown sorry

Monitor:

Packard Bell 5480E

BIOS:

Award Modular 31 July 2002

If any more information is need just tell me,

thanks ^_^

-Yozo:D:

Yozo double check your motherboard specs, it seems that your motherboard requires DDR1 184 pin and not DDR2 240 pin. The 5400s are DDR2 240pin modules.

Thanks for replaying Confucier, yeh i had a look again but more detail this time . Your right DDR! and not DDR2, must have got mix up since it says on the box DDR200/240.but the mother board only has 184pin set, Which I though was DDR2 :roll: My bad should have looked more into it.

Sorry RAM GUY, for putting it in the wrong area :!oops:, i'll make sure i get it right from now on

Well off to work out the right ram to get lol

Archived