Corsair Community

VS1GBKIT400, 1 stick bad

Arnham

1 stick confirmed bad out of this kit. If I put just that stick in, fails memtest everytime within a minute. Putting in the other stick, memtest passes fine. And a K I N G S T O N memory stick I have laying around also works flawlessly. Memtest was performed using the built in one in the DFI motherboard BIOS.

So i'm about 99% sure it's the memory :): Also, these tests were performed again today, just to confirm that it was still showing up as bad.

Now, I actually posted here on this bad stick a long time ago and got an RMA number and such, but I can't find it anymore, since I got sidetracked with moving to new city, school, and job at the same time, and haven't even been able to use this particular 1 GB kit since I left it behind. I now however, have it back, and thanks to your lovely lifetime warranty can get everything working perfectly.

Specs below:

DFI Lanparty UT NF4-D

A64 3000+ Venice

EVGA 6600 GT

And the VS1GBKIT400, of course.

Antec 450 watt SmartPower PSU

As for BIOS settings, I've tried everything on auto, as well as manually setting the timings for my particular stick (2.5-3-3-8 I believe, don't have the specs right in front of me) Everything not overclocked, normal voltages, all that.

Thanks for your time!

P.S. I find it humorous that you replace all mentions of K I N G S T O N with XXXXXXXX =P

• Corsair Employees

Let's get it or them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them or it.

P.S. I find it humorous that you replace all mentions of K I N G S T O N with XXXXXXXX =P

That was done because some memory makers do not have a forum and we have had users coming here to ask for help with Non-Corsair Memory!

Archived