Corsair Community

Flash Voyager 2GB USB - stopped working after 3 months

TrapezeCDN

I used my voyager 2GB usb Flash memory chip on July 15, then, overnight while the computer was on and doing a virus scan, with the drive still plugged in, I woke up on JUly 16 and had the same problem. It does not show any data. I had ten years worth of files from Wordperfect and other programs on it and now nothing. I will not try to format it as I hope the info is still there.

ANY HELP or SUGGESTIONs would be greatly appreciated.

• Corsair Employees

Please try and format your Flash Voyager with Corsair EZ-Recover Utility. Please note; this will not recover Data; it’s made to recover the FAT table for the Flash drive.

But First if you need to recover some data there are some third party utilities available that may help you if you have some data you need to recover from this site.

If you still have problems, lets get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Well I followed the links, and downloaded some good software it seems. I used File Scavenger 3.0 and it seems to have recovered my lost data and and a lot of unknown files. Three of these unknown files account for more than 7.92 GB of space. Actually the recovery program seemed to get nearly 26 GB of data from my 2GB Flash Drive? I of course suspect malware, of some sort.

Any thoughts?

I did spend over 24 hours trying to clean and repair everything I could possibly think of with my computer. I am now going to try anfd format the flash drive and recreate everything. I will keep you informed. Hopefully Gearmaster had some success as well.

• Corsair Employees
If the file it try's to recover is bigger than the drive I would suspect the file as being not real. I would just focus on the files you know about and not worry about fictisious files.You might seee if the maker of the software has a forum or email address and see what they say. However, once you have your files, I would format the drive using the EZ-Recover Utility and then format it with DOS and see if its intact.

Archived