Corsair Community

Flash Voyager 2GB USB Stopped Working

gearmaster

Please help. After only three months of very mild use, my Flash Drive is not working anymore. Whenever I plug it into either a high speed or regular USB port, and try to open it up, I get the message "the disk is not formatted, do you want to format it now?" If I click 'yes' then I get the message "You do not have sufficient rights to perform this operation."

I use Windows XP, and I have tried to use my Flash on four different computers, all running various releases of XP, and it still won't work.

What might I be able to do to get it running again? Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

-Doug

• Corsair Employees

Please try and format your Flash Voyager with Corsair EZ-Recover Utility. Please note; this will not recover Data; it’s made to recover the FAT table for the Flash drive.

But First if you need to recover some data there are some third party utilities available that may help you if you have some data you need to recover from this site.

If you still have problems, lets get it replaced. Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Ram Guy,

Thank you for your fast reply! I'll give it a try to format my Flash Voyager with the Corsair EZ-Recover Utility. Fortunately I had my files backed-up, so I don't need to recover any data.

I'll let you know if the format was successful or not.

Thanks again.

-Gearmaster

Ram Guy,

Unfortunately the EZ-Recover Utility didn't work. I tried it on several computers, and after the formatting it worked on only one computer, one time, and then was back to being problematic. I'll go ahead and fill out the RMA request form.

Thanks you.

-Gearmaster

• 4 weeks later...

Ram Guy,

I received my replacement in the mail yesterday and it works great! Thank you for your excellent customer service and prompt attention to my memory problems. It's great to see that you stand behind your products. I will definitely look to Corsair for my future computer memory needs.

Thanks again!

-Gearmaster

Archived