Corsair Community

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

pierre

Hello,

I recently bought a VSD1GSD333 module (1GB SoDIMM for my Sony Vaio VGN A170P laptop) and my system either does not start or crashes after a few minutes of use when this RAM module is installed (everything works fine without it). Below is the content of the last blue screen I got (this one lasted long enough for me to write it down...). Could you please tell me if this proves that the module is faulty and should be replaced ?

Best regards,

Pierre.

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information :

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xBF9991A4,0x00000000,0x804DE7CD,0x00000000)

*** win32k.sys - Address BF9991A4 base at BF800000, DateStamp 00000000

Beginning dump of physical memory

Archived