Corsair Community

A decision of duality.

Exception

Good day there.

I am planning to buy an "ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe" motherboard. My question is which RAM i should utilize with that mobo?

I have acquired two candidates, they are:

TWIN2X2048-5400C4PRO

TWIN2X2048-5400C4

As far as i can see, they both run in "Dual channel" configurations, but the PRO models have a platinum heat disperser. This is the reason that i "lean" more on purchasing those, but should the "normal" ones prove to run better on the motherboard i will of course choose them.

Anyway here is what i had in mind for my new setup

[it's one of those big ones where nearly everything get's an overhaul:)]

CPU: Pentium D 940 3.2 GHz

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe

GFX CARD: EN7950GX2/2PHT/1G (x2)

RAM: TWIN2X2048-5400C4PRO

Does anyone have any expertise with these components, as in this setup, or does anyone know a reason why i shouldn't go for these components??

Every input is appreciated :)

• Corsair Employees
These modules are exactly the same the only difference is the Pro verision has the Activity LED's ont he modules. Other wise they are the same performance and timings. And they will run great on that MB.

Thanks for the reply:)

Will the PRO version of these RAMS run just as good in "Dual channel" configurations, as the "twinx" versions?

When one looks at the products page, you get the impression that the twinx modules are better if you go for a Dual channel solution.

But if the rams have the same performance and timing, they should theorectically run just as good in "Dual channel" mode shouldn't they?

I can comprehend that the non-pro "twinx" versions have been tested together, so that Corsair can guarantee that they will work together.

But should i expect any problems if i choose the

"TWIN2X2048-5400C4PRO" to run dual channel on the

"ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe" MB?

???

They are both TWIN2X packs.

TWIN2X2048-5400C4 = TWIN2X2048-5400C4PRO

They are the EXACT same memory underneath, just pretty lights. They are both TWIN2X packs, therefore they have been tested in the exact same manner.

All Ram Guy is saying is that make sure you get a TWIN2X pack (which contains 2 sticks pre-tested with eacher), not 2 individual sticks (e.g. 2 x CM2X1024-5400C4).

On the products page the picture of the PRO models are

shown as a RAM block with a silver color appearance (my guess is that is because of the platinum heat spreader), where as the non-PRO are black with the "XMS2" text on them.

I'm sure you are correct when you state that they are the same, PRO or not. On the product page they don't look the same.

Open the PDF document for both rams.

TWIN2X2048-5400C4PRO

and

TWIN2X2048-5400C4

It is clearly obvious they do not look the same.

Hence my question earlier, which stated that i will go for the ones with the platinum heat disperser. I have to be sure that they are as good as the others when it comes to a Dual channel configuration.

Archived