Corsair Community

Asus a8n-sli premium + TWINX2048-4400PRO help please

kenrippy

Hi, first post here. Didn't know where to look for assistance in getting this new ram to happily co-exist with my current system. I've gone through 2 sets of ballistix 2gig pc4000. Since I'm still waiting for my second RMA from them, I thought I'd try this stuff out. I can't even get it to run at 250 1T, while the "other" brand ran fine at that speed @ 1T. Even at 2T I can't get it to run stable at anything over about 250ish. I don't want to use a divider, I'd like to leave the multi at 10x and get about 265 1:1 out of this stuff. I've tried recommended settings of 3-4-4-8 2.75v. Has anybody here had a good result with this corsair pc4400 ram and my board? If so, please post your ram settings so I can get back on track. Thanks in advance.

A8N-SLI Premium (bios 1009)

x2 4400+

thermalright SI-120

Antec TP 550w

6600GT

• Corsair Employees

You post is confusing to me, you say that you are waiting on the second set of another makers memory, but you say they work fine. Why would you want to change memory if the other memory is working?

I would test the modules one at a time and with the CPU you have I would suggest the command rate be set to 2T!

2 sets of the "other guy's" ram has failed so far. it's a well known issue with this company's 2x1gb pc4000 sets. i have decided to ebay the next set i get back from them via RMA (which should be soon hopefully)

eh, anyway, i found out what the problem was. my cpu doesn't like running too far past 2.5ghz to be stable. i have the new set of 4400PRO chirping along at 275x9 3-4-4-8 2T (2.8v) right now. i'll see if i can work up to 280+ little by little.

thanks for the reply RAM GUY.

OK, here's the update....

281 3-4-4-8 2T 2.8v which gives me 2.53ghz (281x9). completely prime & 3dmark stable. i really can't ask for more. going to an 8 multi would be asking way too much for this ram, & .5 multi's drop in a divider which i don't want.

i guess it's time to cut out the UPC and send in my rebate form :D

Archived