Corsair Community

Abit KN9 SLI

tribaljedi

I was wondering what the recommended memory timings and speed are for a 3800+ X2 running the XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400 5-5-5-12.

The bios is a little confusing and I've been tweaking. Adjusted my voltage to 2.1 then down to 1.95. I've tried messing with timing settings but then decided to switch back to auto.

I couldn't get XP to install for quite sometime, I would keep getting a BSOD.

Many of the BSODs were memory errors. That is when I bumped the voltage up to 2.1 from the default of 1.8.

I have finally gotten XP installed however now the machine just randomly reboots.

I'm at a loss of what to do. I made sure the memory was compatiable with the board before buying it. I hope I can get this stable some time tonight.

Yeah I tried that also.

I think they are just bad sticks. I bought a M2N32-SLI Deluxe today and got a bad memory beep code.

Last night I had them running on the Abit board running a memory test. It did a reboot and wouldn't boot back up after that. I eventually got it working again but it still crashes, locks up and reboots in XP.

The number on the chip is XMS26405v4.1

I just RMA'd them and also ordered some 6400C4 memory.

Should I cancel that and get 667Mhz memory?

I'm going to use the Asus board instead btw. I'm going to RMA this piece of junk Abit.

Well to avoid any further problems with 6400 I canceled the order and got

TWIN2X2048-5400c4

Newegg link

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145015

I'm hoping those will work just fine. I don't care about overclocking, I just want a stable system.

I will still test with the original 6400s to see if they work with the Asus when they get back from RMA.

Asus is also sending me a bios chip with the most current bios on it.

Well I recieved the RMA memory today. The exact same model.

XMS6405v4.1

This memory will not work in the Asus M2N32-SLI. It will not POST, just get the wonderful Long - Short - Short beep sequence. This is with the BIOS set to 667 5-5-5-12

The 667 memory is still running strong though. Ran a memtest all night and not a single error. Running at 4-4-4-12-1T 1.95V

I already sent them back.

Changing the memory timings doesn't really help someone just building a system. If they don't buy a module that works from the start then they can't change the settings. This was my problem until I bought the 667 memory.

Archived