Corsair Community

problem

I have a DFI NF4 SLI DR Board with an ath fx 60 duel core. 2 7900 gtx's running in SLI. I just got 4 1 gig stix of this memory and sold my old C rucial which was clocking at 300. This xpert crap at best I can get 200 out of it. I have corupted 5 installs of xp 64 bit trying to get this stuff to clock faster. I have also read others have tried as well. Also it is impossible for xp 32 bit to reconize the full 4 gigs and even xp 64 bit wont reconize it all. So before you go buying 4 gigs of this stuff think again. So basicly I should of wiped my arse with $620 instead of buying this at least I would have gotten something for my money.

• Corsair Employees
What is the exact part number of the modules you have?And what was the part number of the other modules you had and how many did you have? And what steps have you taken to trouble shoot the problem?

FSB Locked @200 cpu multy raito is at 15 ath fx 60 clock at 3ghz mem clocks below 200.

Leaving everything at default and raising the fsb to 205 mem sayes on display 205 but machine wont boot locks up. I have tried just 2 of the 1 gig moduels and same thing.

When I go back to my OCZ with 4 gigs cpu ratio set at 15 fsb set to 250 machine runs fine. 3d mark 05 score is 21k So it definately has something to do with this xpert memory. The store wont take them back cuz they say there special order. So basicly im out $620. I am sorry I do have money and can afford the best hardware but just wasting $620 isnt something I enjoy doing. You can see the machine at http://www.theperdueswebsite.com

Corsair only makes onemodel of 1 gig stick of xpert CMX1024-3200C2

And the timings are crap also 3,3,3,7 Even at bios defaults I try to set the timings to 2,2,3,7 or 8 and get lockups.

Simply put this memory is crap and should not be used in any high performance gaming system. I just went and bought some M ushkin R edline and have the proc clocked at 3.5 and the fsb at 300 and the mem at 300 cpuz shows 2,2,2,3. 3dmark 05 score 20687 Tomarow I am taking my dvd vid cam and my glock 27 and executing this corsair crap.

• Corsair Employees

I think we spoke on the phone this morning and I have address these questions. But to be clear.

If you have a XMS module that ends with a "C2" designation the SPD will be set to JEDEC defined values for the IC used to make that specific part and the tested settings would need to be manually set!

And the timings are crap also 3,3,3,7 Even at bios defaults I try to set the timings to 2,2,3,7 or 8 and get lockups.

Simply put this memory is crap and should not be used in any high performance gaming system. I just went and bought some ******** and have the proc clocked at 3.5 and the fsb at 300 and the mem at 300 cpuz shows 2,2,2,3. 3dmark 05 score 20687 Tomarow I am taking my dvd vid cam and my glock 27 and executing this corsair crap.

Couple of things:

1. You state that you have four 1 GB sticks running at 2-2-2-3 timings and at 300 Mhz? When reading the timings in CPU-Z, are you reading those timings from the SPD tab or the MEMORY tab?

2. When running 2 sticks at 2-3-3-6 (2.70-2.90 volts), does it lock up? Same question for 4 sticks at any timings, same voltage. Also, what is the VERSION NUMBER for each TwinX pack? How To Read the Memory Label

3. Fastest 3DMark 2005 score is 20684, since yours beats that you should send it to them.

4. If you actually do shoot the memory, post a link of the vid here :)

Archived