Corsair Community

Asus A8N-SLI Premium & Corsair Value Select

Leinad

I am building a system from scratch (my first :D: ) and I've been planning on buying a 2GB Corsair Value Select Pack (PC3200) (model name VS2GBKIT400C3), but as I was looking at the organization of the RAM, I remembered that the manual from my motherboard said that it didn't support DIMM modules with 128Mb chips (on the organization part it reads "2x128Mx64"), also, this kit was not on the list of compatible kits that is in the manual. Nevertheless, Corsair Configurator says that this kit is compatible with the Asus A8N-SLI Premium.

My question is: is this kit actually compatible with my motherboard or not? (This because I am assuming that the "128M" part of the Organization is referring to the "128Mb chips" not supported by the motherboard.)

Please respond. Thank you very much.

I bought and tried installing VS2GBKIT400C3 ram into my ASUS A8N-SLI Premium motherboard and it did not work. I purchased the VS2GBKIT400C3 because it was recommed by corsair's main site. Needless to say, I am fairly unhappy to have purchased ram that does not work. Computer will not post.

I bought and tried installing VS2GBKIT400C3 ram into my ASUS A8N-SLI Premium motherboard and it did not work. I purchased the VS2GBKIT400C3 because it was recommed by corsair's main site. Needless to say, I am fairly unhappy to have purchased ram that does not work. Computer will not post.

But was it a specific problem of those memory sticks you bought or of the model itself? :bigeyes: :sigh!:

It could be the sticks or the model. I'm not entirely sure at this point. I'm not about to go buy a different pair of the same type to see if those work, i just know that these don't. I've been going through related forum pages and it seems that i'm not the only one who's had problem with them.

It could be the sticks or the model. I'm not entirely sure at this point. I'm not about to go buy a different pair of the same type to see if those work, i just know that these don't. I've been going through related forum pages and it seems that i'm not the only one who's had problem with them.

And you've found no one with no problems using this model on this motherboard?

That way I'm hesitant to buy this model... the thing is that here (Portugal), all the other brands are considerably more expensive...

if u could PM me with links to those other forums I'd be very thankful.

Guys, they're fully compatible. You're reading too much into a bunch of random posts. People only post when they have issues, never when they don't.

cypher_zero, start your own thread and RG will help you out.

Archived