Corsair Community

Warranty - RamGuy, can you help?

cshelp

Three weeks ago I received an RMA # for TWINX1024-3200XLPRO that had failed (Ticket # 163374). The RMA process went relatively well and timely, unfortunately the product you returned was considerably worst then the one I had sent in…. I knew I was in trouble the minute I opened the package to find the heat spreaders touched-up with black magic marker… A clear sign that I had just received someone else’s problem…

I immediately tested the returned product in two Intel boards, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe and an Epox. Then in two AMD boards, MSI (NEO 4 Plat. and Asus (R580)… With bios set to SPD and 2.8 vdimm I could not complete one pass of memtest on any of these boards.

I submitted another RMA request (Ticket # 172338) and received an email on 7-5-2006 stating it had been approved and I would have an RMA in 24 hrs. I sent an email to support today, as advised by the RMA conformation email, and still have not received the RMA number.

Because of this RMA problem I was forced to purchase another set of mem for my customer as I could no longer justify the delay.

Ramguy, can you help me with this? :mad:

• Corsair Employees

Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!"

Our Customer Service hours are from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Pacific Time Monday thru Friday excluding holidays.

And I am sure they will do their best to help you get this resolved.

• Corsair Employees
You second RMA was issued the next day thru TSXpresss, and a notification was sent. If you have Anti-Spam software you might check that the mail was not blocked on your end. But I would suggest you just call our customer service by phone and I am sure they will do their best to help you.

It appears the only way to get a reply here is to talk to yourself.... What's the problem with Customer Service?

Nothing, you just have to be patient! Your first post was at 7:33 PM PST, well after they were closed. Your second post was within 24 hours of the first one, which is against the rules, mainly to give them a chance to respond!

Nothing, you just have to be patient! Your first post was at 7:33 PM PST, well after they were closed. Your second post was within 24 hours of the first one, which is against the rules, mainly to give them a chance to respond!
And who are you? It appears you believe you are the forum Cop.... I'd appreciate you minding your own damn business and getting a life! If I wanted anything from you I would have targeted this post to you...:mad: In the few days I've been here I've seen several of your responses similar to this and frankly don't understand why Corsair hasn't blocked you from this forum as you certainly don't represent a favorable Customer Service presence! So unless you have other credentials besides sticking your nose in **** that doesn't concern you, stay out of my post!

Your second post was within 24 hours of the first one, which is against the rules, mainly to give them a chance to respond!

Indeed, I agree. There are Forum rules and rules that regard politeness. Cshelp, you have broken both of these rules in a very short time. You are a Corsair customer as I am also. I do not frequent this site and if you check my posts you will see that I have dealt with Corsair on RMA events. I hope that you are introspective enough to be able to step back and read this entire posting of yours. You have been quite rude.

Please just take your time and chill out. You can be certain that you will receive an RMA. It does not take anymore time to be polite than it does to be rude and I am certain had you been talked to the way you have spoken to Wired and RamGuy you would be a very angry man.

Regards,

Derek

And who are you? It appears you believe you are the forum Cop.... I'd appreciate you minding your own damn business and getting a life! If I wanted anything from you I would have targeted this post to you...:mad: In the few days I've been here I've seen several of your responses similar to this and frankly don't understand why Corsair hasn't blocked you from this forum as you certainly don't represent a favorable Customer Service presence! So unless you have other credentials besides sticking your nose in **** that doesn't concern you, stay out of my post!

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showgroups.php

Like that link states, and as well as my signature states, I'm one of the administrators of this forum, and as such, enforce the rules. I was simply stating the rules, and informing you why RAM GUY may have not immediately responded. RAM GUY has a certain window (24 hours) respond to each post, which he did respond within. RAM GUY's human and as such needs time to respond to each post. He also answers phone calls for technical support and other stuff in the background (e.g. helping out the other techs there). In short, he doesn't hover the forums, waiting for the next post. Then again, forums have never been a way for quick communication, nor are they meant to be.

I can fully understand why you're miffed and possibly impatient, but the rules are there both for your benefit and for his. My recommendation would be to follow RAM GUY's instructions: check to make sure your spam filter (if you have one) didn't snatch the RMA email, and then call Corsair and explain that this is your second RMA. They'll take good care of you.

Archived