Corsair Community

Bad Pair of CMX512-3200C2PT's

TurboLS

• Corsair Employees

If you have a 2700+ CPU you have the CPU and memory set to low, please try these settings and then test the modules one at a time after you load setup defaults.

CPU Freq: 166 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 166MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

• Corsair Employees

Please try these settings!

CPU Freq: 133 MHz

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 133MHz

Memory Timings: Manual/User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.0T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T

well, the weird thing is that the 256 stick only started acting weird when i kept those settings you had said to try. Then, when I went to load defaults, it didn't get past the windows logo screen (kept rebooting). As for another system to test in, I'll see if I can find a spare one at work.

alright, well i swapped PSU's and motherboards (mobo's were identical Nforce2 400 AL's) and ran memtest and came up with errors in all cases. I finally got a hold of some XP 2600's I can try and hopefully they will be the problem. I seriously doubt it's the PSU, cuz it's an Antec. Could it maybe be the video card??

OK, well i popped in one of the extra XP2600's and so far no errors. I've only had the previous one for about a year. It's like the thermal paste just dissipates after a year and then the chip goes dead. I've been using arctic silver. Do you have any recommendations on greases or what would be awesome is a thermal interface that doesn't need to be mixed. Like a preform of thermal grease so i don't have to worry about the thickness. Any ideas??

Archived