Corsair Community

bad module in dual-channel kit

I've been running on a twinx2048-3200c2pt dual-channel kit for about five months now, rock-stable without any problems. A few days ago I came back from work to find that my computer had died and entered a boot cycle, but would not boot. After re-enabling the BIOS memory check, it stated the memory had failed the check. Removing one of the sticks allowed the system to boot normally. I tried changing the order of the modules and which slots they were in, and the system will not boot when the one module is in. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim

Asus A8N-SLI Premium

Corsair XMS twinx2048-3200c2pt

EVGA GeForce 7800GT

WD Raptor 36.7GB (10k rpm)

WD SATA 250GB

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I posted several months ago regarding a matched pair of 1GB PC3200 XMS modules, where one of the modules had stopped working. It was suggested that I send them in to get them replaced. I submitted an RMA request at that time (around the second week in July), and they never got back to me. I submitted a second RMA request about a month later, and they never replied to that either. Now the second module has died as well, so I am left without an operating computer at all. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim

Archived