Corsair Community

Question about XMS2 2x1GB PC5400C4 and 6400C4 dual kits

Hey guys, first post here ,great site. Need some help or suggestions.

Recently bought Asus M2N-E . I ordered and have on way a 2x1GB kit of the

Corsair TWIN2X2048-5400C4 2GB DDR2-675 XMS2-5400 Xtreme Performance Memory

I am now thinking of exchanging my M2N-E board for the full blown SLI wifi 590 chipset board. However when I check mem compatibility it lists the 6400C4 only compatible in 2x1GB.

I am wondering if I do the board exchange whether the 675 I have will work on the 590 board. I do not really want to send back the ram but ZZF has offered me choice of returning at my cost and then ordering the

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=85025-5 kit which after rebate is actually $10 less then the 675, if I had ordered a day later I would have just got it but MIR just started July 6.

Also looking for feedback as to how the 570 Ultra overclocks. I plan to use a 3800+ or a 38 or 4200 dual core soon as amd price cut occurs.

Hoping to get some feedback

CK

• 5 months later...

I too just bought TWIN2X1024-5400C4 & configure it at my ASUS M2N-E 0502 (latest BIOS) with AMDX2 3800+. So far I never get any blue screen & all the software run quite stable but not as fast as I expected (feel like not smooth).

I manually set my RAM to 667mhz 4-4-4-12-2T 1.9v, but when I test my system with CPU-Z under 1M condition (with no CPU clock), I got 44sec as the result, which is a disappointed outcome.

However, I read most of the forums & most of the people (who have the same pc combination as mine) got better result than me, probably from 21~32sec under 1M condition. Can anyone helps me to improve the result?

Besides, I always see people ask to test RAM by memorytest86, may I know the purposes of using it?

Besides, I found that Corsair has no lab report for TWIN2X1024-5400C4, does it mean it is not compatible to ASUS M2N-E?

I got 44sec as the result, which is a disappointed outcome. However, I read most of the forums & most of the people (who have the same pc combination as mine) got better result than me, probably from 21~32sec under 1M condition. Can anyone helps me to improve the result?

You asked the same question here:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=276092&posted=1#post276092

And you will find your answer there.

Archived