Corsair Community

Memory incompatability after my RMA

if i could get help with this it would be greatly apreciated.

i bought a set of twinx1024-3200c2pt. the system was completely unstable. ran memtest, one of the chips was bad. rma service began, sent only the bad chip in, recieved the part, installed it system ran, but fishy (still would blue screen everyonce in a while). further investigation revealed the asrock939dual refused to recognize dual channel. tried bios updates, every speed 133/166/200, 1t ot 2t, relaxed the timings, switched them around in the slots, tried channel 2 instead on channel 1. no go. cpu-z also reported that the memory was being recognized as 2 256 parts instead of one 512. so it reported having three memory modules installed instead of the two that are actually in there. sandra said the same thing. okay so maybe it is the motherboard. have another system with the same board and the same memory type in it. swithched them around. the good pair works flawlessly in the board i thought might be troublesome, and the rma memory had similar issues in the working machine. so is it possible that the now unmatched pair of modules are incompatable with eachother? the version numbers on the parts are quite different. original - xms3202v3.3 0615124-2. rma part - xms3202v5.2 0545095-0. if that helps at all.

please help:!:

1. what are the specs of the non-corsiar memory?

2. Yes, you should have RMA'd both sticks of the TwinX pack to get a matching pair in return. Call Corsair's Customer Service on monday: 1-888-222-4346 x0

thanks for the responce!

1. the other set of memory is actually another pair of corsair twinx1024-3200c2pt as well. worked great the first time, thought id have no troubles the second. oh well.

2. i will definately call. the tec through the online system said i only needed to send in the one stick, even after i specifically asked about it being a twin x pair. i new that was gonna be a problem, should have just sent it in anyway. know better next time eh?

again thanks.

• Corsair Employees

Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!"

Our Customer Service hours are from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Pacific Time Monday thru Friday excluding holidays.

And we will arrange another RMA for you!

Archived