Corsair Community

Bad Ram?

I have some CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory. And i was just wanting to run Memtest86 and it done good untill 41% then i had 17 errors in one minute. And thenj in like 10 mins i had a total of 730 errors. I upped the voltage to 2.85 hoping that would fix it and it did not. So what do i do? And can i do an advanced RMA where CORSAIR send me the ram and if i dont send them the ram back they charge my account for the ram. Or i should be say this straight to corsair i guess i dont know who operates this forum.

I have some CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory.
What is the exact PART NUMBER of your memory? How To Read the Memory Label

And i was just wanting to run Memtest86 and it done good untill 41% then i had 17 errors in one minute. And thenj in like 10 mins i had a total of 730 errors. I upped the voltage to 2.85 hoping that would fix it and it did not.
What timings were you testing at? Did you test one stick at a time in the same slot? Also, were you testing with Memtest86+ (NOT Memtest86)?

And can i do an advanced RMA where CORSAIR send me the ram and if i dont send them the ram back they charge my account for the ram.
You'd have to call in after your RMA is approved (assuming it is) and ask their customer service department. 1-888-222-4346

Or i should be say this straight to corsair i guess i dont know who operates this forum.
Well, it says Official Corsair Memory Support Forum, and is linked to from Corsair's website, so I think it's Corsair.

• 2 months later...
Also if i set the timings to the stated ones. It will say overclocking failed. And right now my timings are 2.5-3-3-12. Thats the only way my computer will run. Well thats what cpu-z says anyway. I will try to call corsair tomorrow, and try to get an advanced RMA. If at all possible. I want the new ram first, then i will ship out my ram.

Archived